Squeezing IPs out of ARIN

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Apr 24 18:12:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, admin at thecpaneladmin.com wrote:

> Anyone have any tips for getting IPs from ARIN? For an end-user allocation
> they are requesting that we provide customer names for existing allocations,
> which is information that will take a while to obtain. They are insisting
> that this is standard process and something that everyone does when
> requesting IPs.  Has anyone actually had to do this?

Now that we're getting down to the bottom of the IPv4 barrel, the
amount of documentation and justification needed to get v4 addresses from
the RIRs has increased.  Expect any v4 requests to be scrutinized closely.
This is not news, and at this point, it should not come as a surprise to
anyone.

IPv6 address blocks are pretty easy to get ;)

jms