fiber cut in California?

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Thu Apr 19 21:58:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, Greg Olson wrote:

> Anyone hear of a fiber cut in California today?

I have a customer complaint about degraded performance to a site in China
and the path appears to exit Qwest to China Netcom in the LA area.  Also
this thread on outages:

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/2012-April/003844.html

I tried calling Qwest (sorry, Centurylink) NOC/support and there was a
preemptive recording basically saying there was a huge outage and that
hold times may be long.  I had to hang up before they came on to deal with
some other things though.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: