Automatic IPv6 due to broadcast

Brandon Penglase bpenglase-nanog at SpaceServices.net
Mon Apr 16 21:38:07 UTC 2012

I know you mentioned RedHat, but not if it was the router or other
servers. Were you playing with Microsoft's Direct Access and turn on
the dns entry (isatap.domain.com) internally?
At my current place of employment, we had a security student (at the
direction of our security analyst) turn up a DA test server. When they
enabled the DNS entry, just about every Windows 7 and 2008 server setup
a v6 tunnel back to this little tiny VM. This also included the DNS
entries in AD, so all of the sudden, servers have v6 addresses.
Needless to say, everything was horribly slow, and some things even
flat out broke. Sadly this event left a really sour taste for IPv6 with
Networking department (whom I was occasionally bugging about v6).

If you weren't testing this, did you possibly setup something similar
where it would automatically generate a tunnel?

	Brandon Penglase