Network Storage

Andrew Thrift andrew at networklabs.co.nz
Sun Apr 15 23:43:23 UTC 2012

If you want something from a Tier1 the new Dell R720XD's will take 24x
900GB SAS disks and have 16 cores.   If you order it with a SAS6-HBA you
can add up to 8 trays of 24 x 900GB SAS disks to provide 194TB of raw
space at quite a reasonable cost.

Alternatively, you could have a couple of "probe" servers connected to
some nice fast SAN backend with redundant controllers.   This will
provide failover at the probe and storage levels but will cost a fair
bit more   :)

Regards,

Andrew