Network Storage

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Apr 12 20:43:49 UTC 2012

Depends on the duration and goals of your capture...

1TB is 2.276 hours at 1Gb/s

If you need to capture it all and store it forever well sorry. If you
just need the flows and not the packets sampled netflow  can  reduce
youre requirements by many orders of magnitude, ultimately it really
depends on your goals. if you need to capture more data for a shorter
duration probably write speed rather than capcity is the issue 20Gb/s is
2.5GB/s which requires a pretty healthy disk array to write to disk...