The day SORBS goes away ...

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Apr 9 16:58:21 UTC 2012

On Apr 7, 2012, at 19:41 , TR Shaw wrote:

> As for Yahoo, the problem will probably go away on its own over time. The problem with companies that are in questionable/bad financial shape is that they defund many activities that do not seem important but actually are. These, such as abuse handling, will actually cause them to increase their spiral down by causing more customers away.

For the 3 months ending 2011-12-31 (last quarter available), Yahoo!'s revenue was US$1.3B, with a net income of nearly US$300M - for the _quarter_.

I wish I were in such "questionable/bad financial shape".

Before anyone pounces, yes, I know they're not growing.  The results above up slightly from Q3 2011, although down slightly (~5%) from Q4 2010.  But they still make more revenue & profit than 99.mumble% of the companies represented on this list.  And they have more than enough to do abuse correctly.  Perhaps more importantly, I seriously doubt Yahoo! mail is going away any time soon.

--
TTFN,
patrick