SORBS?!

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Apr 6 17:01:55 UTC 2012

So you're suggesting that hosting companies do what?

How many emails or port 25/587 connections a (day, week, hour) makes someone a spammer if there are no objections being lodged at the abuse department?

Are we supposed to do DPI on every email that a dedicated server sends out and then decide whether it's spam?

My point is if a list has a problem with a /32 they could have the courtesy to contact the ISP/host prior to causing huge problems for a /24

I'm not sure what more can be done than having an abuse department staffed up and checking all published data before accepting a customer.

And I'm mostly just complaining about senderbase, because they seem to be the one that really large companies reference.

Thanks,
-Drew