April fools joke?

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:02:20 UTC 2012

On Sunday, 1 April 2012, chris wrote:

> April 1st or not its the gist of that story is probably already true
> whether you know it or not.
>
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Justin Wilson <lists at mtin.net<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> >        I hate April 1 on the Web. You are right you never can tell.  I
> > would be
> > appalled if someone as respectable as the BBC stoops to downright dumb
> > pranks.
> >
> >        However, it is England.  They have some of the most strict laws in
> > the
> > "Free" world.
> >
> >        I hate the Interweb on April 1. lol

Re visit of the stuff that was thrown out about 3 years when raised by
Labour govmt and berated by the present govemt when they were in opposition

Home Office and others want it but most businesses don't and the civil
liberties guys are quite against it - requirement on any online or comms
provider to keep logs for ages!

Martin

Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK