facebook spying on us?

Glen Kent glen.kent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:13:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

I see that i have multiple TCP sessions established with facebook.
They come up even after i reboot my laptop and dont login to facebook!

D:\Documents and Settings\gkent>netstat -a | more

Active Connections

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
  TCP    gkent:3974    www-10-02-snc5.facebook.com:http  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    gkent:3977    www-11-05-prn1.facebook.com:http  ESTABLISHED
  TCP    gkent:3665
a184-84-111-139.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com:http  ESTABLISHED

[clipped]

Any idea why these connections are established (with facebook and
akamaitechnologies) and how i can kill them? Since my laptop has
several connections open with facebook, what kind of information is
flowing there?

I also wonder about the kind of servers facebook must be having to be
able to manage millions of TCP connections that must be terminating
there.

Glen