flow generating tool

Jonathon Exley Jonathon.Exley at kordia.co.nz
Mon Sep 26 19:45:24 UTC 2011

The test plan you use depends upon what you want to test - raw pps throughput, route convergence time, qos performance, etc.
We use Exfo (http://www.exfo.com) testers working to a mac-swap loopback for commissioning testing of Ethernet access circuits, looking at the usual loss/throughput/latency/jitter metrics and burst size.
When checking out new equipment in the lab we also use scapy scripts (http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/) to look at things like Ethertype and L2CP transparency.

Jonathon