flow generating tool

Vlad Galu galu at packetdam.com
Mon Sep 26 14:30:33 UTC 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Jason Leschnik wrote:
> Does anyone follow a network performance testing methodology, using hardware
> from companies like ixia/spirent?
>
> I know that basic testing is typically done for validation of configs, but i
> assume other issues would make themselves apparent when pushed to these
> higher loads.
>
> thoughts/comments?
>
> Thanks

It really depends on the product you are testing. If forwarding performance is what you want to measure, you would do it with various routing table sizes (starting small and ending with a global table). Packet size is also something you should look at.

We could provide better suggestions if you tell us what your product is.

Vlad Galu
galu at packetdam.com