wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper seeking advice on building a nationwide network

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Sep 18 14:39:32 UTC 2011

On Sep 18, 2011, at 10:24 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

>>> one to post overly aggressive defensive messages on nanog
>> I am not convinced that Mr. Bush is best placed to comment on this
>> particular issue.
>
> you seem to have a problem differentiating defense from offense.  i
> recommend you not play chess.  :)

Randy is perfectly right in expressing his concerns about the registry
system that we've built (as long as its on a mailing list which supports
the topic), since we're doing a function on behalf of the entire Internet
community and spending everyone's money in the process.  While it may not
matter to him a bit, I'll defend his (and anyone's else right) to critique
the quality and cost effectiveness of the job we're doing.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN