wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper seeking advice on building a nationwide network

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Sep 17 21:32:38 UTC 2011

On Sep 17, 2011, at 5:23 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Randy - If you wish to propose an alternative which accomplishes the
>> mission in a different manner, feel free to do so. The community has
>> every opportunity and right to accomplish unique Internet number
>> administration as it sees fit.
>
> rick adams was right.  this could be done very minimally with some
> software and maybe six to ten folk to back it up.

I actually agree with you that it could be done with less people,
if you want to do away with the policies altogether and the biannual
meetings discussing the same, the need for elections for an ARIN AC
and meetings, the coordination with the other RIRs and ICANN, and
the engagement with organizations such as ISOC, IGF, and ITU.  We
will be talking about the costs of running ARIN on the last day of
the ARIN meeting in Philly in case you want more details on the cost
side of the equation and the value delivered.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN