How to begin making my own ISP?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Sep 16 21:45:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, hasserw at hushmail.com wrote:

> No one replied with any useful information. I guess no one wants
> competition on this list? Pretty poor tactic.

Honestly, I did have an insightful email drafted up for your original
post, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I was getting
troll-baited.

I do see posts on this list from time to time, and on other related lists,
from people who appear to be pretty new to the game, and that's perfectly
OK.  I will not bash a newbie for being a newbie, because we were all
newbies at one point or another.  However, expecting other people to do
all the work and give you all of the answers, and then criticizing the
group when they didn't do that, based on a very vague definition of a
requirement is just bad form.

Since you mentioned school years in your original post, I'm going to
assume that you're also pretty young.  Just remember - mailing list
archives are forever ;)

jms