wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper seeking advice on building a nationwide network

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Sep 16 20:36:46 UTC 2011

> As an ISP, ARIN will not give you any space if you are new. You have
> to already have an equivalent amount of space from another provider.

does arin *really* still have that amazing barrier to market entry?

arin claims to be a shining example of industry self-governance.  to me,
this barrier to entry looks far more like industry self-protection from
new entrants.

and before anyone starts bleeding about the routing table, to me that
sounds like you fear new entrants forcing you to make a small upgrade to
your protected business as usual.

randy