wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper seeking advice on building a nationwide network

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Fri Sep 16 20:01:58 UTC 2011

On 09/16/2011 02:58 PM, Leigh Porter wrote:

> [...]

Hah. True.

I actually don't want any v4 space at all. I'm fine with using provider
space for my minimal v4 needs. However I believe if I had existing v4
space, that v6 space would be easier to obtain.

> Very soon it'll be nigh on impossible for new entrants to the ISP business to get their own v4 space.

Indeed.

In my case, I'm perfectly happy with v6 space. Can have very minimal v4
space for the time being. Google/netflix/facebook are reachable on v6.
This is the vast majority of the net traffic. I can do large scale nat
for v4 only content.

One aspect of my network, will be operational transparency. So as much
as possible will be viewable in real time. This includes v4/v6 traffic
statistics.

Also we do plan to expand into Europe and Asia. We are starting in the
US first due to the relationships we have already established. If anyone
is interested in supporting our activities in Europe, please let me know.

By our/we, I mean http://freenetworkfoundation.org/ (that's the non
profit piece. the advertising part is separate but will help fund the
non profit piece). Lots of dual use work being done.