ouch..

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Sep 15 18:07:02 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Jima <nanog at jima.tk> said:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:
> > I was at Valley Fair mall the other day. Micr0$0ft is apparently building
> > new store directly across from the Apple store there.
>
>  It's funny; they did the exact same thing at Mall of America maybe a year
> ago.  I guess your report confirms it was a strategy, rather than a
> really absurd coincidence.

They could be following the (possibly urban legend) Burger King model.
Supposedly, McDonald's would spend a bunch of time and money doing
market research, surveys, and such before placing a new restaurant.
Burger King would wait for McDonald's to spend the time and money, and
then open a new restaurant across the street.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>