ouch..

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Sep 15 11:44:01 UTC 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 12:51 AM, Jason Leschnik wrote:

>> Juniper: Who needs to waste time with pathetic marketing videos when you're
>> gear just works.
>>

> If this is really from Cisco, it must put a smile on the face of
> Juniper to know their competitor of 10x the revenue is watching their
> moves so closely... Typically in the Mac vs. PC adds you see the non
> established player (apple) making pokes at the established.

OTOH, you do see Micr0$0ft doing everything they can to imitate Apple.

I was at Valley Fair mall the other day. Micr0$0ft is apparently building a
new store directly across from the Apple store there. They have gone to
the trouble and expense of covering the "under construction" paneling
with a full-color mural touting this fact, including employees dressed in
brightly colored Apple-store-like T-shirts sporting name badges identical
to those worn by the employees in the Apple store.

I wonder if Micr0$0ft is going to develop a Zune cash register, too?

Owen