Microsoft deems all DigiNotar certificates untrustworthy, releases

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Tue Sep 13 14:48:21 UTC 2011

Really?  You can "just connect" with SSH?

root at somebox:~# ssh 1.2.3.4
The authenticity of host '1.2.3.4 (1.2.3.4)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 03:26:2c:b2:cd:fd:05:fc:87:70:4b:06:58:40:e7:c3.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

That's no different that having to permanently accept a self-signed SSL
cert...

- Pete