Why are we still using the CA model? (Re: Microsoft deems all DigiNotar certificates untrustworthy, releases updates)

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Mon Sep 12 13:36:53 UTC 2011

There should be a government body to issue certificates then ;-)

But Gregory is right, you cannot really trust anybody completely. Even the larger and more respectable commercial organisations will be unable to resist <insert intel organisation here> when they ask for dodgy certs so they can intercept something..

No, as soon as you have somebody who is not yourself in control without any third party verifiably independent oversight then you have to carefully define what you mean by trust.

--
Leigh Porter