Microsoft deems all DigiNotar certificates untrustworthy, releases updates

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Sep 12 08:39:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:01:47 EDT, Christopher Morrow said:
> If I have a thawte cert for valdis.com on host A and one from comodo
> on host B... which is the right one?

You wouldn't have 2 certs for that... I'd have *one* cert for that. And if when
you got to the IP address you were trying to reach, the cert didn't validate as
matching the hostname, you know something fishy is up.

And if you *do* have two certs for it, I'd like to talk to the bozos at
Thawte and Comodo who obviously didn't check the paperwork. ;)