NAT444 or ?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Sep 10 06:02:05 UTC 2011

On Friday, September 09, 2011 01:44:08 AM Dan Wing wrote:

> Many of the problems are due to IPv4 address sharing,
> which will be problems for A+P, CGN, HTTP proxies, and
> other address sharing technologies.  RFC6269 discusses
> most (or all) of those problems. There are workarounds
> to those problems, but most are not pretty.  The
> solution is IPv6.

I do expect some of these workarounds to be vendor and/or
platform specific, as more units are deployed and the
industry simply can't keep up with the various topologies
and customer elasticities ISP's have to maintain.

We're already seeing evidence of this as we discuss NAT64
options with vendors, particularly in the area of scale and
customer experience perceptions.

Mark.