NAT444 or ?

Dan Wing dwing at cisco.com
Thu Sep 8 17:10:24 UTC 2011

There are two dimensions of that scalability, of course:

Endpoint-independent mapping means better scaling of the NAT itself,
because it stores less state (slightly less memory for each active
mapping and slightly less per-packet processing).  This savings
is exchanged for worse IPv4 utilization -- which I agree is not so
good for scalability.

-d