NAT444 or ?

Daniel Roesen dr at
Wed Sep 7 12:10:49 CDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 01:06:11PM -0400, Jean-Francois.TremblayING at wrote:
> I had the same question. I found Miyakawa-san's presentation has some
> dramatic examples of CGN NAT444 effects using Google Maps:

Those effects are not specific to NAT444, but apply to any
provider-based NAT limiting the amount of parallel sessions available to
any one customer. Randy was (as I understood him) referring to the
evilness of double-NAT in contrast to single-state NAT (as used with
e.g. DS-Lite).

Best regards,

CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr at -- dr at IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0