NAT444 or ?

Jean-Francois.TremblayING at Jean-Francois.TremblayING at
Wed Sep 7 12:06:11 CDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 12:16:28PM +0200, Randy Bush wrote:
> > I'm going to have to deploy NAT444 with dual-stack real soon now.
> you may want to review the presentations from last week's apnic meeting
> in busan.  real mesurements.  sufficiently scary that people who were
> heavily pushing nat444 for the last two years suddenly started to say
> "it was not me who pushed nat444, it was him!"  as if none of us had a
> memory.
> Hm, I fail to find relevant slides discussing that. Could you please
> point us to those?

I had the same question. I found Miyakawa-san's presentation has some
dramatic examples of CGN NAT444 effects using Google Maps:

However these are with a very high address-sharing ratio (several
thousands users per address). Using a sparser density (<= 64 users per
address) is likely to show much less dramatic user impacts.