DDoS - CoD?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:19:23 UTC 2011

Arrgghhh....

This reminds me of the WebNFS attack.  Which is why Sun aborted
WebNFS's public launch, after I pointed it out during its Solaris 2.6
early access program.

Never run a volume-multiplying service on UDP if you can help it,
exposed to the outside world, without serious in-band source
verification.  Amplification attacks are a classic easy DDOS win.

-george

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com