Do Not Complicate Routing Security with Voodoo Economics

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sun Sep 4 13:51:12 UTC 2011

Mostly excellent thoughts, well documented.  I have a question about this statement though:

> in fact, a number of global Tier-1 providers have preferred peers for decades

I assume you mean for a very limited subset of their customers?  I've checked routing on well over half the transit free networks on the planet, and for the small number of customers I was researching, they definitely preferred customer routes over peering.

--
TTFN,
patrick