ISP Two-Way Utilization Studies between Subscriber and Network

Don Bowman don at sandvine.com
Sat Sep 3 17:45:55 UTC 2011

From: Paul Donner [mailto:pdonner at cisco.com]

>Can anyone point me to useful recent studies showing the ratio of

>downstream to upstream traffic loading for a typical home Internet user?

>Broken out by traffic type would be really nice but not holding my breath.

>Thanks,

>-Donner

Sandvine has this on our web site, http://www.sandvine.com/news/global_broadband_trends.asp

It is broken out by application, access technology, and geography, and includes

peak-time only (as below, top-apps only). This is for home Internet use only.

Let me know if you need information from the raw data.

[img.jpg]

--don