[Nanog-futures] Admission for Committee Members

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Sep 1 22:41:00 UTC 2011

I have had my registration fee refunded when I was a speaker when my employer was happy to pay. This frustrated me when the meeting had low registration and lost money.

I'm fine with people getting it waived, but the idea of everyone showing up for a "roll-call" so they can get in free is certainly not the case. This is why I suggested the BoD would have the authority to waive the fee if recommended by someone else. The reason is less important to me honestly.

Then again, the bar for giving a bad talk is really low. People can just put in that effort instead.

Jared Mauch