Outgoing SMTP Servers

Mike Jones mike at mikejones.in
Fri Oct 28 19:06:53 UTC 2011

On 28 October 2011 16:41,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> You *do* realize that for all your nice "Thei Internet Is Not A Commons"
> ranting, the basic problem is that some people (we'll call them spammers) *do*
> think that (a) it's a commons (or at least the exact ownership of a given
> chunk is irrelevant), and (b) they're allowed to graze their sheep upon it.

If someone keeps putting their animals in my garden then some
countries would permit me to shoot them and sue the owner for the cost
of the bullets. Even those with more restrictive property rights laws
would still permit me to throw them off of my land and sue the owner
for any damage they caused me.

On the Internet when people start shooting their sheep they think they
are the victims and go to the dutch police, sorry i mean the police of
whichever jurisdiction the hypothetical entity is from, complaining
that they are being deprived of their right to abuse peoples gardens.

- Mike