Colocation providers and ACL requests

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Tue Oct 25 18:46:38 UTC 2011

Depends on the provider.  Many just do not want to manage hundreds of
customer ACL's on access routers.  Especially when it would compete with a
managed service (firewall, IDP, DDOS) of some sort.  Some still are under
the impression that ACL's are software based and their giant $100k+ edge box
would crash if they configured them for any reason.