Outgoing SMTP Servers

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:28:05 UTC 2011

I'm curious how a traveller is supposed to get SMTP relay service
when, well, travelling. I am not really sure if I want a VPN for
sending a simple email.

And I can understand (although I am not convinced that doing so is
such a great idea) blocking 25/tcp outgoing, as most botnets will try
that method of delivery. However, I do believe that outgoing 465
SHOULD always be allowed.

regards

Carlos