Advice on BGP traffic engineering for classified traffic

randal k nanog at data102.com
Tue Oct 25 04:58:15 UTC 2011

I have contemplated this exact scenario numerous times on how to provide
various "tiers" of blended bandwidth. Ingress is handled by ip assignment +
announcements, but egress almost *always* comes back to some sort extra
core/distribution device to handle each tier, plus either
mpls/l2vpn/dedicated-xcon/spanned-vlan to get the customer on that network.
Cludgy at best, imo.

I'd also love to hear how other datacenters or ISPs do this.

Randal