[routing-wg] The Cidr Report

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sat Oct 15 21:01:57 UTC 2011

Geoff Huston writes:
> Does anyone give a s**t about this any more?

I do; I check the weekly increase every week, and check who the top
offenders are.  If someone from my vicinity/circles is on the list
(doesn't happen frequently; more often for the BGP updates report than
for CIDR), I may send them a note and ask what happened.

> From what I learned at the latest NANOG it's very clear that nobody
> reads this any more.

"Reads" may be an exaggeration, but I'm sure some look at it.

> Is there any good reason to persist in spamming the nanog list with
> this report?

I think it still provides an incentive for people not to mess things up
too badly; and a chance of some mishaps to be noticed quicker, with a
little help from your friends.
--
Simon.