meeting network

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Mon Oct 10 22:44:50 UTC 2011

Years ago, on my own, when I used to attend, I used to call the venue about a month in advance and explain to them what was about to happen. Sort of a warning, per say. I explained, in detail, who NANOG was comprised of (I often would use the term "operators of the internet"). I explained even if they think they have seen this before, they haven't.

Some listened. Some didn't.

This would be something I would be willing to volunteer my time with - discussions with, and negotiations with, venues. It's all in the approach.