meeting network

Richard Barnes richard.barnes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:01:06 UTC 2011

VPN traffic was also slow / bursty. So I guess there's some capacity issues
as well as layer 7 cruft.

On Oct 10, 2011 10:20 AM, "Randy Carpenter" <rcarpen at network1.net> wrote:

On the hotel network, I have also seen some issues beyond getting an
address. I can usually trace just fine, but applications, specifically web
is extremely slow, or non responsive. The hotel appears to be shoving all
traffic through a squid proxy, which does not appear to be big enough to
handle the traffic. I have gotten various error messages from squid.

I would think that the contract with the hotel for the conference would
include the specific requirements for the network. Is that not the case?

-Randy