Steve Jobs has died

James Jones james at freedomnet.co.nz
Thu Oct 6 14:02:35 UTC 2011

Steve Jobs passing is very sad and has affected me more than I thought it
would. He was and still will be in many regards the gold standard on which
innovators in the world of technology will be measured. He has had an effect
on many aspects of the world we live in today. You can see the ripple
effects of what two guys and some ICs in a garage did so long ago. You can
see his influence not only in the technology we use today but
in corporate culture, media, art and social interaction.

  He was a man of passion and conviction. That is why he succeeded. He
was unyielding to what he thought was the right way to do something. This
may have cause many to think that he was a "Jerk" or "Hard to work with",
but it was those passions for doing it right that made him and Apple a
success.

  I am not trying to say that it was all swings and roundabouts, but if you
were watching you could see that as Steve grew up so did Apple. In the end I
think he got mostly right.

  Apple please keep Steve's legacy going. Still keep innovating and don't
be afraid to take chances.

   I wish the best for Steve's family. Steve you will be missed. God's
speed.