F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET moved to Beijing?

Lindqvist Kurt Erik kurtis at kurtis.pp.se
Tue Oct 4 17:15:29 UTC 2011

On 3 okt 2011, at 16:30, Todd Underwood wrote:

> ignoring randy (and others) off-topic comments about hypocrisy, this
> situation is fundamentally a situation of bad (or different) network
> policy being applied outside of its scope.  i would prefer that china
> not censor the internet, sure.  but i really require that china not
> censor *my* internet when i'm not in china.

Most if not all European operators today force rewrite or blocking of DNS lookups. Belgium added a fairly large site today. There is virtually no way that this can be contained just inside a country. This problem is waaaay beyond root-servers, China etc. Filtering on the net is becoming common, and was pushed quite hard for at Interent Governance Forum last week. By Interpol and MPAA.

Best regards,

- kurtis -