he.net down?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Oct 3 17:56:34 CDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 6:54 PM, Dave hartzell wrote:

> My peering with them at PAIX has been down for almost 50 minutes.
> Not able to get to them via other paths...

Just posted to outages@ (where this discussion should likely be taking place):

HE's entire network is intermittently down.  They claim it is a DoS:

It is not the first time this week.

Mike & the team are good engineers, they'll do what they can to bring it backup quickly.

There are lots of other rumors floating around, but I think you should wait for official word.  HE is not a telco, they will tell you what happened.  (Right Mike? :)