IPv6 prefixes longer then /64: are they possible in DOCSIS networks?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Nov 30 22:50:41 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 14:46, Bill Stewart wrote:
> There's a very strong case to be made for "Be conservative in what you
> generate and liberal in what you accept" here.

I've been saying for years that your safest bet is to reserve a /64,
regardless of how many bits you use out of it, or why. If you do that
you're covered either way. And in the incredibly unlikely event that you
run out, and can't get more, you can go back and chop up the /64s where
it's proven safe to use longer prefixes.

easy peasy,

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."