automated config backups for SFTOS

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:04:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM, James Harr <james.harr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Second rancid.
>
> +3
>
>> If SFTOS supports per-command authorization (via RADIUS/TACACS), you can
>
> it does
>
>> limit the script account to only be able to use 'show run' and whatever
>> else it needs (even when it logs in).
>>

> you can
>
>> That said, if you're looking for on-the-cheap, I haven't seen a free
>> TACACS+ server that does authorization and was stable, so you'll probably
>> have to compromise and give your script more permissions than it needs just
>> to get the job done.
>
> the cisco tacplus src server is a basic example...
> shrubbery.net's tacplus server is quite workable (and heasley keeps
> the code working/clean/adding-features)
>
> a simple config for 'just permit show run' is certainly possible with
> the shrubbery.net server... if you want example config pipe up.

I should have included:
<http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/>

and there are some decent example configs available (I think john
payne had some posted/updated, this query seems to show a bunch of
positive results:
<https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=john+payne+tacplus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8>