automated config backups for SFTOS

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:03:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM, James Harr <james.harr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Second rancid.

+3

> If SFTOS supports per-command authorization (via RADIUS/TACACS), you can

it does

> limit the script account to only be able to use 'show run' and whatever
> else it needs (even when it logs in).

you can

> That said, if you're looking for on-the-cheap, I haven't seen a free
> TACACS+ server that does authorization and was stable, so you'll probably
> have to compromise and give your script more permissions than it needs just
> to get the job done.

the cisco tacplus src server is a basic example...
shrubbery.net's tacplus server is quite workable (and heasley keeps
the code working/clean/adding-features)

a simple config for 'just permit show run' is certainly possible with
the shrubbery.net server... if you want example config pipe up.

-chris