Odd router brokenness

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Nov 23 16:33:23 UTC 2011

On (2011-11-23 09:41 -0500), Mark Radabaugh wrote:

> The question is:   How does a router break in this manner?    It
> appears to unintentionally be doing something different with traffic
> based on the source address, not the destination address.    I
> realize this can be done intentionally  - but that is not the case
> here (unless somebody isn't telling me something).

I don't think we can determine that it has anything to do with source
address based on data shown.
38.104.148.5 could very well be 6500 and somehow broken adjacency to
74.125.226.6, perhaps hardware adjacency having MTU of 0B, causing punt
which is rate-limited by different policer than TTL exceeded policer.

--
  ++ytti