Dynamic (changing) IPv6 prefix delegation

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Nov 22 16:36:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:19:25 PST, Owen DeLong said:
> On Nov 22, 2011, at 7:38 AM, Joel Maslak wrote:
> > Exactly.  ISPs are in business to make as much money as they can - go figure.
>
> How do you make more money by refusing to meet customer requests?
>
> I could understand how it MIGHT make more money to force customers that
> want static to purchase business class, but, if you then refuse to offer
> them business class service, that doesn't sound like more money, it just
> sounds like angry customers.

A number of providers seem to be doing just fine with that business model over
on the IPv4 side of the fence.  And since they're usually a near-monopoly in
their service area, angry customers aren't likely to actually vote with their
wallets.  Why is there any expectation that it will be any different in the
IPv6 world?