OT -- seeking a knowledgable AS 701 technical contact.

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Wed Nov 16 22:35:47 UTC 2011

Apologies for the noise, but I have been absolutely unable -- despite
literally *hours* of trying --to contact anyone at _any_ of the published
Verizon Business phone numbers who has any comprehension of what I am
talking about -- to wit:

  "I am looking for someone with _any_ awareness/knowledge of Verizon
   Business's public-access anonymous FTP server, with the hostname
   'ftp.uu.net'."

The published Verizon Business technical contact number -- both in 'whois'
for uu.net, and Jared's NOC contact list is only the 'ticket center', and
won't open a ticket for someone who is not Verizon customer.

"Customer service" doesn't know what 'ftp' is, and vacillates between
thinking it is a circuit problem, or  that I am having a problem with -my-
domain.

Call-transfer to 'technical support' was answered by someone handling
'delinquent payments'.  Another transfer attempt ended up on somebody's
cell phone.