OpenSource IPTV and VoD Solution

Quentin Carpent quentin.carpent at
Wed Nov 16 01:58:32 CST 2011

I don't know if it meets your requirements but there is DVBlast:

Quentin Carpent
Network Engineer

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Vlad Galu [mailto:galu at]
Envoyé : mercredi 16 novembre 2011 06:18
À : Meftah Tayeb
Cc : nanog at
Objet : Re: OpenSource IPTV and VoD Solution

On Nov 14, 2011, at 10:25 PM, Meftah Tayeb wrote:

> thank you for that
> is a rtsp server no problem
> but how do i stream Live DVB traffic through it ?
> Thank you

To be honest I haven't followed its development closely lately (although I contribute occasionally with networking related patches and improvements) so I can't answer that, but you should be able to send your stream to RTMPD using either MumuDVB or VLC, then demux it to as many (hundreds or even thousands, it is *that* good) clients as you need.

I should have pointed you to the wiki  [1] and the mailing list [2], sorry.

PacketDam: a cost-effective
software solution against DDoS