Foundry MRP cohabit with STP

Jian Gu guxiaojian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:18:58 UTC 2011

MRP and STP are configured under VLAN,  same physical interface tagged
with different VLANs can participate both MRP and STP in different
VLAN, if you are asking MRP and STP under the same VLAN, that is not a
valid configuration, think about it, what if MRP wants to block an
interface but STP wants the same interface to forward traffic?