Cable standards question

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Nov 14 19:46:21 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jason Gurtz" <jasongurtz at npumail.com>

> For instance, we ended up with a 23" telco rack filled with 19" equipment
> and 23" to 19" converter panels. General tidiness; a contractor left a
> large splice-box laying on the floor in the midst of a slack-spool instead
> of wall or rack mounting. Another contractor developed a spider's nest of
> wiring in our server room instead of structured cabling. Specifying exact
> rack sizes, specific cable management, mounting locations, etc... would
> have helped a lot. Photos of the specific areas would have helped
> immensely.

This seems like an altogether excellent time for me to remind people about

  http://bestpractices.wikia.com

and volunteer it[1] as a place in which to capture these sorts of, among other
things, pictures of installs, both good and bad -- along with notes as to
*why* they are specifically good and/or bad.

Cheers,
-- jra
[1]Yes, it's gotten a bit spammed up; I'll clean it out if you'll use it.  ;-)