Cable standards question

Holmes,David A dholmes at mwdh2o.com
Mon Nov 14 17:31:50 UTC 2011

Formal construction contract bids use the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) format. There are 2 versions, I am familiar with and use the 1998 version. The 1998 CSI format is broken up into 16 divisions (mechanical, civil, electrical, architectural, etc.). Electrical, where network cabling specs reside in the CSI 1998 version, are located in Division 16. The standard fiber optic spec is Division 16 16745. A web search on "fiber optic 16745 spec" will turn up various examples from real fiber optic construction bids, usually government contracts for large-scale construction projects such as highways, University campuses, municipal fiber builds, etc.

My suggestion is to look at existing 16745 specs, and modify them to your requirements.