ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call (expires in one week)

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Nov 11 16:04:31 UTC 2011

On 11/11/2011 15:56, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> And yes, there's some RA/DHCP issues - but the *practical* upshot is that it's
> hard to DHCP a v6-only host and get stuff like DNS and NTP servers to them.

another practical upshot is that switch manufacturers now need to support
both RA Guard and DHCPv6 snooping instead of just a single protocol like we
have in ipv4.  That is, unless you're ok with the idea of arbitrary
priority RA packets floating around your network.

e.g. pages 9-16 of:

http://ripe63.ripe.net/presentations/220-ripe63_techteam.pdf

Nick